CURRENTLY FULL WITH A WAITLIST (SEE BELOW)
April 1-Sept. 9, 2021 (Thursdays in the Americas)
April 2-Sept. 10, 2021 (Fridays in Australasia)
Weekly class: 6-8 p.m. CDT / 9:30-11:30 a.m. ACDT
(Convert to your local time)
- Pre-Course Retreat: Saturday, March 20, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. CST (Americas)/Sunday, March 21, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (Adelaide, Australia)
- Mid-course Retreat: Saturday, June 26, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. CST (Americas)/Sunday, June 27, 7:30 – 10:30 a.m. (Adelaide, Australia)
Led by Aimee Eckhardt & Tina Gibson
Traveling through the CDP together, we began to embody self-compassion more fully through warm and spacious engagement with the MSC curriculum and with each other. We learned how it is to be held just as we are. With our own seeing clarified, so did our resilience and capacity to be agents of meaningful change in our world.
Deepening inquiries may include the following topics: understanding the inner critic, self-motivation, opening to balance with giving and receiving, physiology and self-regulation (activation, regulation, restoration), shame, cultivating balance among fierce and tender self-compassion, intentional cultivation of the good (and barriers to letting it in), and so much more.
How the CDP-E is different from the foundational CDP:
- The CDP-A will encourage greater autonomy with self-compassion practice;
- We’ll invite more adventurous opportunities for growth in breakout sessions;
- The course will include two partial-day retreats as an opportunity to immerse deeper into the practices and connect with one another.
- Simplicity; our focus will be more on experiential personal practice and witnessing each other and less on consuming more didactic material.
- Each class session will be inspired by one simple question, and each question will be tied to an essential theme. We will explore it all through the lenses of mindfulness and self-compassion.
How the CDP-E is the same as the foundational CDP:
- We hold the same agreement standards as in all MSC experiences, including confidentiality, non-judging, non-fixing, inclusion, etc.
- We’ll funnel our inquiries through a self-compassion lens while remaining open to fresh ways of seeing and being with ideas.
- All participants are in choice; participants will be encouraged to take on greater responsibility for their practice at this level of study, including knowing when to ease off or step more deeply into participation. We will provide structure suggestions for peer-support/practice groups
- This is a weekly community experience, NOT a drop-in group. We ask that those who attend do so with the good faith intention of attending all the way through the six months.
[icon name=”arrow-down” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
Please note that your $250 application fee will be required to submit your application. ($125 if you are requesting financial support.) Your course deposit WILL BE REFUNDED if we are unable to obtain a mutually workable financial arrangement. Visit our financial support page to learn more.