New for 2024: In order to bring this course offering to more people in time zones around the globe, we’ve decided to offer this concurrent hybrid version of the Dying into Life course. Our goal is to emulate the benefits of the live classroom experience as best we can so that each participant has specific practice companions during this deep study.
“Hybrid” simply means that the course will be part live online with a small group of peers, and part asynchronous, at your convenience. Hybrid participants would receive access to all of the same materials, exercises, practices, teachings (via video), and tools offered in the live class. We have learned that this material is best explored in community, so this is best for participants who are self-motivated and committed to gathering live and weekly with their peer groups.
Here’s how the hybrid version of the course works:
- ALL participants begin, end, and proceed through the course on the same schedule.
- Hybrid participants would view the weekly video replay of the live class at their convenience (within the week of the live class meeting).
- Each week, hybrid participants meet with a small group of their peers in similar time zones to explore specific discussion prompts about each week’s class.
- Once a month, a DIL teacher will drop in to visit peer groups live to offer practice, check in with the group, and reinforce and support the concepts and practices that have been offered so far.
- Hybrid participants would also have complete access to the online community space, so they could interact with teachers and peers in the synchronous group as well.
- The hybrid course is about 1/3 of the cost since it cannot include live interaction as often as in the standard, live course.