What a truly lovely ending of a long journey together! To all those who were able to attend class today, my heartfelt appreciation for your warm presence, kind words, and inspired sharing! To those who were not able to attend today — Rose Mina, Danielle, Holly — and the others who were unable to complete the course due to changing life circumstances — Dee, Shazia, Manuela, Nickie, Denette — know that we held you in spirit and love.
- Love yourself up. Repeat. Repeat again. 🙂
- Call on your community often. Common humanity is supportive beyond measure.
- Cultivate awareness of the good. That, too, is real and worthy of noticing.
- Listen generously. Your loving, connected presence can change a life — yours and someone else’s.
- Make friends with patience. Welcome baby steps.
- Compassion is fierce. Stick by your own side, no matter what.
- No matter how far off track you may fall, self-compassion is there to catch you. Allow it if you can.
- Notes to your classmates: final deadline to submit is Sept. 24. You’ll receive your notes from classmates on Sept. 26 It is heartwarming to witness the tender notes that are rolling in! If you care to participate in creating a memento for your classmates, the forms to do so are available here. Final date to submit your notes is Sept. 24.
- Current Discussion Boards and website will close for our group Wednesday, October 24. Communications from there can occur privately via email or within the new online CDP Graduates Space.
- List of resources:
These will be sent out in the coming week or so. Thanks to all who contributed in making this juicy list of resources we can take forward into our lives.
- CDP Monthly Practice Group (6-month series pilot)
Starting Nov. 29, we will be piloting monthly, 1.5-hour practice sessions for any graduate of the CDP. (Open to all cohorts.) These sessions will take place the final Thursday of each month beginning in November, and if after six months there is continued interest, we’ll continue the offering.
- Day: Final Thursdays of each month
- Dates: November 29, 2018 – April 25, 2019. The offerings may continue after April, depending on the level of interest and participation.
- Time: 11 p.m. PDT | 1 p.m. CDT | 6 p.m. UTC
- Location: https://zoom.us/j/4340288755
- The new online CDP Graduates’ Space is up and ready for you to explore! Participation is OPTIONAL. Right now, only Cohort 2 (you!) is using the space. In late November (see timeline below), other CDP Cohorts will be invited to join the Community at large. To keep things private for those who prefer the intimacy of just our group, each cohort will also be given a dedicated place on the site to interact with each other in November.If you wish to join the Graduates’ Space, you may do so through this private link. Note: if you’d like to access this via your device (phone/iPad), you’ll need to open this link on that device. Note that I’m in touch with the company who runs the network we’re on to get clarification on their privacy practices as Janet mentioned in class.
Important dates related to the CDP Graduates’ Space:
- Pilot/beta testing (only your group is involved): Now through November 20, 2018
- Opening the community to other CDP cohorts (Cohort 1 and 3): November 20, 2018
- Creating a dedicated, private space for each cohort: November 20, 2018
- The class video is here. The password is B3stW1shes. Listen till the end for a heartfelt, if not hilariously choppy, rendition of “Imagine,” played by David on the ukulele and accompanied by the class.
- CDP Graduates’ Community registration link (PRIVATE)
- Link to submit gratitude notes to your classmates.
Between rocking the boat and sitting down;
Between stirring things up and peaceable going along,
We find ourselves here, in community.
Each called from many different journeys,
Many different life paths,
Onto this river road.
Some are here because the rocking of the boat has been too much.
Too much tumult, too much uncertainty, too much pain.
Some are here with questions about where the boat is going;
How best to steer it,
Where the journey ends.
Others are here as lovers of the journey, lovers of life itself.
Here in front
Each a passenger;
Each a captain;
Doing the best we can.
“Rest here, in your both, with me,” the river calls.
“Listen to how I flow, the sound of life coursing all around you.”
Let the current hold you,
Let the current guide you,
The river that gently flows through your soul,
“Come, let us worship [live].”
– Manish Mishra
May your practice and commitment serve to enliven, strengthen, and deepen your experience of this one precious life.