Writing as Practice 8-week series
This course is full with a waitlist.
Opt in below to be notified when Writing as Practice is again offered.
We are delighted to share with you Writing as Practice, which is a unique experience of inner inquiry via free-form, exploratory writing. It is a live, online community experience and is available to anyone, whether or not you consider yourself a writer. You can’t do it wrong.
This 8-week class will be facilitated by David Fredrickson — author, activist, CDP Teacher, and therapist.
This is a live online experience that is most fruitful when participants bear witness to their own and each other’s experiences in real time. To accommodate people in a variety of time zones, we meet at alternating times, listed below. The instructional portion of each session will be recorded for anyone who may need to do writing practice asynchronously.
This 8-session series takes place:
- June 13, 8-9:15 a.m. PDT / 3-4:14 p.m. UTC
- June 20, 8-9:15 a.m. PDT / 3-4:14 p.m. UTC
- June 27, 8-9:15 a.m. PDT / 3-4:14 p.m. UTC
- July 4, 8-9:15 a.m. PDT / 3-4:14 p.m. UTC
- July 11, 4-5:15 p.m. PDT / July 12, 8:30-9:45 a.m. ACST
- July 18, 4-5:15 p.m. PDT / July 19, 8:30-9:45 a.m. ACST
- July 25, 4-5:15 p.m. PDT / July 26, 8:30-9:45 a.m. ACST
- August 1, 4-5:15 p.m. PDT / August 2, 8:30-9:45 a.m. ACST
- Soft landing meditation
- Writing prompt offered by David
- period of free writing
- Breakout rooms to share your writing, if you wish (complete permission to listen and not share).
- Large group discussion about the experience
- Writing as Practice will also have a dedicated, private space on the CDP Mighty Network to share resources and experiences.
Dana / Generosity:
In the sprit of generosity, David is offering Writing as Practice as his service, so there is no fee for the class. He invites you to make a donation of an amount that feels right to you ($100-200 suggested) to the non-profit WriteGirl, which is a creative writing and mentoring organization that promotes creativity, critical thinking and leadership skills to empower teen girls and gender-expansive youth. While they are located in the US, they also have programs with an international reach. Check out their good work and donate here.