As we continue to lay the foundations for our time in the CDP, we explored core values and started the process of creating intentions for our time in the course. How can your intentions for your life be supported by your time in the course? We invite you to continue refining your intention(s) so that when you read them or say them to yourself, your heart says, “Yes! That is the path on which I aspire to travel.”
Julie and Markus, we missed seeing you this week. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone back on April 24.
- You may wish to continue or revisit your self-compassionate paragraph you started in class in regards to your insurmountable obstacle to living in alignment with a particular core value in your life. Feel free to do so this week.
- Allow your intentions exercise to percolate in the background of your mind. Are there any refinements you’d like to make? Once you’re rested with 2-3 intentions for yourself during your time in the class, note these in your journal. We will hold them in our awareness and return to them later in the course. If you wish, you may wish to state your intentions publicly and/or request support in the Discussion Board as an additional support.
- Please re-take Kristin Neff’s Self-Compassion Scale this week if you haven’t lately. What is true now? Can you enter into this with a spirit of curiosity? Make a note of what arises in your journal, and we’ll discuss next class.
- Continue your formal and informal self-compassion practice, leading with the inquiry: are you making choices which strengthen your foundations for self-compassion as well as your intentions?
- Please begin reading Bill Morgan’s Meditator’s Dilemma.
- If you haven’t already, please take time to visit the Directory. Some great stories and images have been uploaded this week.
- If you feel inspired to bring something physical which allows you to visually demonstrate your support of a classmate, please do. This could include a lovely stone, a small stuffed animal, or some other sacred object. This will be your companion throughout the course. Of course as with most things MSC, this is optional.
- Practice Group: For those who wish to join the MSC Circles of Practice for additional practice between CDP sessions, you have four free opportunities each week. They are all listed here. The application is quick and easy, and you will find it here.
- If you’re still exploring core values, feel free to reflect on some of the ones offered here.
- Article: As we explore what it means to listen deeply and non-judgmentally as we enter into this course together, we’d like to offer this wonderful article on what it means to really hold space for others.
- Podcast: Tara Brach’s inspired intentions talk, Winds of Homecoming: How Intention Frees Our Heart.