Many thanks to Kristy Arbon, who brought us Somatic Self-Compassion, a modality she created which emphasizes the power of the human affiliative system to support ourselves during moments of suffering. Please view the video for a complete summary of the class.
- Formal practice: You are seven months into your time in the CDP. Please reflect on practices which have supported you so far and offer yourself 20-30 minutes per day. Kristy offers a generous library of meditations which might also interest you.
- Prep for next class: Next week, we’ll do a 3/4 course review. You may wish to review your notes and see if any themes stand out or any intentions call for attention. We’ll make space for it all.
- We have eight class sessions remaining in the CDP. On October 2 (upcoming class), we’ll do a 3/4 course review. Prior to class, you may wish to review your notes up until now and see whether any themes stand out or any intentions call for reworking or refreshing. We’ll also begin a new exploration on endings. Please bring to your awareness over the coming days the ways in which you “end” things in your life. Projects, meals, parties, relationships, the day, etc. Simply notice.
- MSC Teacher Trainer and all-around wonderful human being, Michelle Becker, will join us October 16 during our month exploring difficult relationships. She’ll offer an insightful and interactive talk about how Paul Gilbert’s three circles model of Emotion Regulation System can be applied within relationship.
- Our next rest week is the last Tuesday of October (October 30).
- Class video is here. Password is: b0dyW1sdom.
- Kristy Arbon’s Somatic Self-Compassion, and upcoming online offerings of her 12-week program. Please note that the first link includes a variety of references to the clinicians, therapists, and researchers whose work helped inform the creation of the SSC methodology.
- Interoception definition
May your practice and commitment serve to enliven, strengthen, and deepen your experience of this one precious life.